We're excited to announce that Modern West will be launching our new 2020 Winter/Spring collection on the 10th of February!
Quantities will be limited so please make sure you don't miss out!
In recent years mud cloth (bògòlanfini) has become a popular textile in Western interior design, fashion and fine art. We'll answer the most popular questions about this beautiful and fascinating fabric.
What Is Mud Cloth?
Mud Cloth or "bogolan" (Bambara: bɔgɔlanfini; "mud cloth") is a handmade Malian cotton fabric traditionally dyed with fermented mud.It has a significant spot in Malian culture since the 12th century and has asserted itself as a symbol of their cultural identity.
What Is African Mud Cloth Fabric?
African mud cloth (also known as Bogolan fabric. African mud cloth is a traditional Malian fabric that is dyed with fermented mud and plant dyes. Typically the cotton used to make mud cloth is grown locally and an un-dyed, beige color.
How Do I Clean African Mud Cloth?
Fill a large container with cool water and mild detergent and mix. Soak the fabric in the mixture for a few minutes and then swish around a few times. Scrubbing must be very gentle and from the wrong side of the fabric. Rinse the fabric in cool water and pat with a clean towel or cloth to remove excess moisture. Hang and let air dry.
You can always find an assortment of high quality hand-sewn Mud cloth pillow covers in traditional designs here at modern-west.com.
Buying pillows online doesn't have to be a difficult task. Follow these easy steps to make your purchase experience both convenient and rewarding:
- First choose the type of color(s) and style that you want to accentuate your room with.
- Decide on size and shape. Serious pillows for interior decor typically come in two shapes- square and lumbar (rectangular).
- Find a reputable online merchant such as Modern+West.
- Only purchase from website with secure checkout. Look for a small lock next to the web address (like the example circled below)
- Make sure to enter your billing and shipping address separately if they are different. This will ensure that your payment goes through and that you get your pillow cases delivered to the proper address.
- Don't forget to enter any promotional codes before you pay!
Note: A reputable online pillow merchant will provide you with tracking information via email once your order is processed.
That's it! We hope that this tutorial helps you with purchasing pillow cases or any other product for that matter safely and securely from the convenience of your own home.